So I go to a meeting and of course all the cool stuff is announced...
CF IDE! Bolt!
- Object Relational Mapping auto-configuration
- Application Code Generation
- Server management
These other features are already in CFEclipse or available via a plugin:
- Easily extensible through the Eclipse framework
- Code assist for tags, functions, variables, and components
- Code folding
- Snippet creation and management
- Outline viewing
- RDS Explorer for files and databases
- Line-level Debugging
- Not released until next year (coincide with the CF9 release?)
- No price info
- No info on platforms supported. I really hope they can bake in 100% Linux support!!
They have a beta signup here: http://www.adobe.com/go/bolt which unfortunately only allows you to select one OS for your development platform? Hello? I develop on PC at work and Linux at home...
Adobe Labs page here: http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Bolt
So we'll have to wait and see ... (and I hope the photo above in no way influences my beta application...)